icecream

icecream

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aternoon at Nana's

  I spent a fun afternoon with the girls. It makes me so happy when I ring the doorbell at Rachel's and the kids squeal with delight. We got started after packing everything up: cuppies, change of clothes etc. We drove to Winton Woods playground. It was kind of desolate, being a school day. After they were ready to leave, we went to Kroger. They didn't want to ride in the basket, of course, so I let them walk or ride on the outside of the basket. Reminder #1 Don't take 3 year olds to the store if you're in a hurry. I wasn't, so it turned out OK but I did feel myself becoming somewhat impatient. About halfway through the store, Lizzie said she had to go to the bathroom. We left the basket in the cracker aisle and made our way to front of the store. On walking in the restroom, I never realized how loud toilets flushing were. Elizabeth didn't want to sit on the toilet. After Evie did it, she agreed. There were no automatic flushers, so that was good. Lizzie got to control when the toilet was flushed. Those loud flushing toilets are SCARY. On the way home, I realized I had given my car keys to Rachel and I would be locked out of my house. If the outside and inside garage doors were unlocked, I might be in luck. I was able to get in the house through the garage! OK. get the groceries and the girls in the house and fix lunch.
   Did you know that if you put yellow, green, and blue M&M's in milk, the milk turns green. Lizzie carried out that experiment. Evie experimented with gravity by spilling milk on the table and floor with splashes. Then the dogs walked through it and there were little doggie milk prints all over the floor. We spent the afternoon reading and coloring and playing with toys and trying on Nana's shoes. Lizzie says, "I want to wear these princess shoes." They were the shoes I had worn to both Rachel and Emily's weddings.
     The girls didn't want to go home when it was time (I was going to be late to Bible study). Lizzie pulled the old rag doll routine when we got in the van. She wasn't going to get in her seat. So, I put her in her seat. By the time we got one mile down the road, they were both sleeping. We had a memorable day, we'll do it again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment