icecream

icecream

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Gift

     What a gorgeous day! Took a walk at Glenwood Gardens. At one point a goldfinch perched about two feet in front of me on a goldenrod. I felt like I could reach out and hold him. It was the strangest sensation. It was almost like I could feel the warmth of his sun-drenched feathers, the weight of him in my hand, and the softness of his little round belly. As he flew away, he chirped his goldenfinch song to me.
     The sky was so blue. You know, that blue on a peacock feather or a dragonfly wing; that deep aquamarine that has been imitated many times but never copied. I felt like a princes today with all the gifts of nature lavished on me from my Heavenly Father. Yes, I am a princess. My Father is the King and I am his daughter. He is the Lord of the hosts of angels, the Creator God of the universe, Abba Father, Daddy, Papa. He is my Father and he has taken care of me, He is taking care of me in this moment, and He will always, always take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment